Hearing Services (Audiology) in Wadena
Our Audiology Services
We strive to protect and restore your hearing. Through a relationship with Sarah Nelson, Au.D., a registered audiologist, Astera provides the diagnosis and non-medical treatment of a variety of hearing and balance disorders. Audiology services include:
If you need a hearing aid to treat hearing loss in one or both ears, Astera offers options for the best hearing devices. In order to help you get the most out of your hearing aids, we offer:
- Hearing aid adjustment: To further ensure your comfort and the functionality of your device, we’ll perform any needed adjustments. If you’re experiencing any feedback or fit adjustment, we can take care of that for you as well.
- Hearing aid maintenance and cleaning: Regular cleaning, fine-tuning and adjustments ensure your hearing aids are in tip-top shape. We’ll also provide ongoing care to ensure your hearing is as clear as possible.
- Precise hearing aid fitting: The audiologist will precisely place your hearing aids into your ear and test them in our clinic to ensure a precise, comfortable fit. We’ll show you how to put in your hearing aids and perform basic maintenance like cleaning.
The audiologist will perform sensitive, accurate hearing tests to gauge how well you can hear. Screening your hearing is not painful and may involve the following tests:
- Acoustically evoked otoacoustic emission: Examines the functionality of the outer hair cells in your inner ear
- Audiometric: Testing if you can hear low-frequency and high-frequency sounds and speech
- Tympanometry: Checks your middle ear, eardrum, and conduction bones with variations of air pressure
We’ll discern whether or not you are experiencing hearing loss. Depending on your results, we’ll determine the best treatment options to resolve, enhance and protect your hearing.
Our clinic provides treatment for a variety of conditions, with ongoing audiology support for:
- Conductive or sensorineural hearing loss
- Swimmer’s ear
- And more
If you hear a ringing in your ears that’s not caused by any external noise, you might have tinnitus. Depending on the severity of your tinnitus, treatments for this common condition include:
- Arthritis joint treatment
- Ear wax removal
- Middle ear fluid treatment
- Specialized hearing aids
Whatever may be causing your tinnitus, we provide effective solutions.
For personalized, professional care, schedule an appointment today.
Let us Take Care of You
Here at Astera, every staff member works hard to be your partner in fostering good health. The audiology specialists pay attention to what you’re experiencing as a person and treat you as an individual – not another paper chart or a statistic. Contact us today for exceptional audiology services in Wadena.