Comprehensive Family Medicine from Astera Health
Defining Family Medicine
Patients are often confused by all that the term “family medicine” encompasses. Because it’s such a general term, it’s a challenge to pinpoint exactly what we mean when we talk about family medicine. In general, we might say family medicine is designed to treat each member of the family. A family physician typically has training and experience in a range of conditions, whether they’re acute, chronic, or only affect a segment of the population. Family practice doctors can take care of issues related to behavioral health, skin conditions, disease prevention, and general health management. Below we’ve listed some common services we provide at our family medicine center.
Your Trusted Partner For Life
It’s our care that makes the difference! At Astera Health, we are dedicated to providing excellent patient experiences. From the bottom of our heart, thank you for allowing us to be your trusted partner for life.
Benefits of Having a Family Medicine Provider
- Continuity of Care: These providers serve as your main point of contact for your overall healthcare needs. They develop a long-term relationship with you, getting to know your medical history, lifestyle, and health goals.
- Preventive Care and Health Maintenance: They focus on preventive care, emphasizing regular check-ups, screenings, and vaccinations to detect and address potential health issues early on.
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Family medicine providers treat a wide range of medical issues and can diagnose and treat common illnesses, manage chronic conditions, and provide referrals to specialists when necessary.
- Holistic Approach: They take into account your physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Time and Cost Efficiency: Establishing a relationship with a family medicine provider promotes efficiency in healthcare delivery. Early detection and management of health conditions can lead to cost savings in the long run by reducing the need for more expensive interventions.
- Personalized and Patient-Centered Care: They involve you in decision-making processes, provide education and guidance, and ensure that your healthcare aligns with your preferences and values.
- Health Advocacy and Coordination: Your provider advocates for your health and well-being. They can guide you through the healthcare system, help you navigate complex medical information, and coordinate care among different specialists or healthcare facilities.
Thank you for taking a moment to look further at our talented, caring group of family medicine providers. If you have any questions regarding one of our providers, please contact us at 218-631-3510. We will be happy to help you in any way we can.
Click to learn more about our dedicated family medicine providers below:
Our Experienced Family Medicine Physicians:
Our Advanced Practice Providers:
Make an Appointment with Our Dedicated and Kind Staff
Regardless of your health issue, you can trust the family physicians at Astera Health. We’re versed in a broad range of conditions and understand how to properly diagnose and treat such conditions. Our team is committed to being kind and compassionate in all the services provided at our family medical center. We accept patients of all ages and would love to help you as well. Contact us today to learn more or schedule an appointment.